Pumpkin Soup, Callaloo Leaves & Jerk Beef
- 1/4 lb. Fresh Callaloo leaves finely sliced
- 1/4 piece garlic clove cut into two
- 1/4 pint of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 pint coconut milk
- 1 oz. roughly chopped onions
- 1 0z. heavy cream
- 2 oz. diced beef
- 1/2 tablespoon full jerk marinade
- 4 oz. pumpkin diced (peeled, skin removed)
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon full of granulated sugar. Saute’ the onions, garlic and the pumpkin in vegetable oil.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Saute’ the onions, garlic and the pumpkin in vegetable oil.
Add vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Puree the soup in a blender.
Strain the soup and add in coconut milk, salt and pepper, then simmer for another 2 minutes.
In a separate pan, saute’ the beef & callaloo leaves with jerk marinade and sugar, and cook for 3 minutes.
Garnish the soup with the jerk callaloo leaves and jerk beef