Environmental Practices at Rendezvous
It has been a growing concern among our entire team for a “greener” resort as we experience increased awareness of environmental damage and excessive consumption of goods, energy and water.
We have therefore taken the following action to show our commitment to producing a greener environment in no particular order.
- Team members have been trained to incorporate environmental housekeeping practices in their daily routines.
- All staff are actively involved in improving the operating efficiency of all equipment.
- Waste disposal practices; office paper, packaging.
- Linen, Robes and towel reuse program for guests.
- We have ceased all use of plastic straws when serving beverages in all of our outlets.
- We constantly monitor water use on property.
- We have switched to using low-flow shower heads and toilets in every room.
- Our plant species that require less water for landscaping.
- There are signs in restrooms, restaurants, and kitchen areas, which educate our guests about water conservation.
- Regularly check for leaks and repairs have been scheduled.
- We now use energy saving light bulb such as compact florescent lights (CFL).
- We have also incorporated timers on outdoor lighting for walkways.
- We clean light fixtures and diffusers regularly for optimal light output.
- We ask that every guest should turn off lights when leaving the room.
- We have adjusted our sprinklers for proper coverage to optimize space and avoid runoff onto paved surfaces.
- We have installed a drip irrigation system which uses low volume irrigation.
- The Landscaping team uses trees and plants that tolerate the climate, soil and water availability.
Hazardous and Toxic Substances
- All chemical products are stored in their original containers with tight fitting lids.
- We use the least toxic cleaning products and substances as possible.
- We purchase local, organic, and environmentally-friendly goods from our local vendors.